Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in Darling Downs and Granite Belt and parts of Central Highlands and Coalfields, Capricornia, Wide Bay and Burnett and Maranoa and Warrego Forecast Districts.
Issued at 12:09 pm Saturday, 8 February 2020.
Heavy falls likely with slow moving storms that may lead to flash flooding
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Roma, St George, Biloela, Stanthorpe, Goondiwindi and Mount Morgan.
166mm rain was recorded at Ruined Castle in 3 hours to 3:00AM AEST
145mm rain was recorded at Rolleston Alert in 3 hours to 5:00AM AEST
116mm rain was recorded at Krismark Downs in 2hrs to 8:15AM AEST
90mm rain was recorded at Langley in 3hrs to 11:15AM AEST
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.