Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in Capricornia, Wide Bay and Burnett and parts of Central Coast and Whitsundays, Central Highlands and Coalfields, Darling Downs and Granite Belt and Southeast Coast Forecast Districts.
Issued at 8:19 pm Saturday, 8 February 2020.
Heavy falls likely with slow moving storms that may lead to flash flooding
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Warwick, Toowoomba, Dalby, Ipswich, Kingaroy, Stanthorpe, Gatton, Mount Morgan and Nanango.
83mm has been observed at Goomburra in the hour to 6:12pm
107mm has been observed at Wellcamp Airport in the 3 hours to 6:00pm.
43mm has been observed at Warwick in half an hour to 5:00pm
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.