Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Central Coast and Whitsundays, Central Highlands and Coalfields, Capricornia, Wide Bay and Burnett and Southeast Coast Forecast Districts.
Issued at 10:27 pm Monday, 10 February 2020.
Severe thunderstorms continuing about the Central Highlands and Coalfields. Moving offshore in the Southeast.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Brisbane, Maroochydore, Emerald, Clermont, Caboolture and Cleveland.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.