Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Capricornia and Wide Bay and Burnett Forecast Districts.
Issued at 6:04 am Tuesday, 11 February 2020.
Heavy rainfall from coastal thunderstorms in the Capricornia.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Gladstone, Calliope, Miriam Vale and Seventeen Seventy.
57mm has been observed at Gladstone in the hour to 5:45am.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.