Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Southeast Coast Forecast District.
Issued at 8:56 am Wednesday, 12 February 2020.
A band of thunderstorms is likely to produce heavy rainfall over far southeast Queensland in the next few hours.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Gold Coast, Coolangatta, Moreton Island, southern Moreton Bay islands, Cleveland, North Stradbroke Island and Springbrook.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.