Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Wide Bay and Burnett and Southeast Coast Forecast Districts.
Issued at 11:27 am Wednesday, 12 February 2020.
Storms around the Gold Coast have weakened. A new band of thunderstorms may produce heavy rainfall over the Sunshine Coast area.
Severe thunderstorms may produce heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Gympie, Cooroy, Imbil, Maleny and Nambour.
The area of thunderstorms over the Gold Coast and Moreton Bay islands has weakened. Showers continue over this area, but rainfall rates have eased.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.