Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in Southeast Coast and parts of Wide Bay and Burnett and Darling Downs and Granite Belt Forecast Districts.
Issued at 5:15 pm Wednesday, 12 February 2020.
Slow moving thunderstorms may produce heavy rainfall and flash flooding over the Burnett, Southeast Coast and southern Darling Downs and Granite Belt districts.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Warwick, Gold Coast, Brisbane, Gympie, Ipswich, Kingaroy, Coolangatta, Stanthorpe, Caboolture, Cleveland, Gatton and Jimboomba.
90 mm of rainfall was recorded at Mount Walsh east of Gayndah in the hour to 17:15pm AEST.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.