Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Central Highlands and Coalfields, Maranoa and Warrego and Southeast Coast Forecast Districts.
Issued at 11:36 am Thursday, 13 February 2020.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce intense rainfall that may lead to dangerous and life-threatening flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours in the far southeast. Locations which may be affected include Gold Coast, Moreton Island, Beaudesert, Coolangatta, Cleveland, Jimboomba and Mount Tamborine.
Severe thunderstorms producing heavy falls are likely in the Maranoa and Warrego and also the southern Central Highlands and Coalfields. Locations which may be affected include Roma, Taroom and Injune.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.