Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Wide Bay and Burnett Forecast District.
Issued at 4:35 pm Saturday, 15 February 2020.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Seventeen Seventy.
73mm in 1 hour at Captains Creek
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.