Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of North Tropical Coast and Tablelands Forecast District.
Issued at 3:14 pm Sunday, 16 February 2020.
Storms with heavy rainfall over parts of the North Tropical Coast district.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Port Douglas, Mareeba, Mossman, Atherton, Wujal Wujal, Ravenshoe, Julatten, Mount Garnet and Redlynch.
69mm of rainfall in the past hour at Millaa Millaa alert (northeast of Ravenshoe).
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.