Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in Herbert and Lower Burdekin and parts of North Tropical Coast and Tablelands and Northern Goldfields and Upper Flinders Forecast Districts.
Issued at 3:01 pm Tuesday, 25 February 2020.
Thunderstorms with heavy rainfall continuing about parts of the tropics.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Charters Towers, Townsville, Palm Island, Hughenden, Ingham, Innisfail, Ayr, Cardwell and Lucinda.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.