Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Herbert and Lower Burdekin, Central Coast and Whitsundays, Central Highlands and Coalfields and Capricornia Forecast Districts.
Issued at 7:47 pm Wednesday, 26 February 2020.
Heavy rainfall is falling west of Gladstone.
Weather Situation: Thunderstorms are producing heavy rainfall in parts of Qld
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Calliope and Dysart.
Severe thunderstorms are no longer occurring in the Wide Bay and Burnett district and the warning for this district is CANCELLED.
85mm fell in the hour to 6pm at Roma Peak Alert
84mm fell in the hour to 6:30pm at Ida Creek Alert
58mm fell in 30 minutes at Dysart
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.