Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in Northern Goldfields and Upper Flinders, Herbert and Lower Burdekin and parts of North Tropical Coast and Tablelands and Central Coast and Whitsundays Forecast Districts.
Issued at 12:43 pm Saturday, 29 February 2020.
Severe thunderstorms developing between about Innisfail and Bowen, inland to Georgetown and Hughenden.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Charters Towers, Bowen, Townsville, Georgetown, Ingham, Hughenden, and Innisfail.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.