Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Peninsula, North Tropical Coast and Tablelands, Northern Goldfields and Upper Flinders and Herbert and Lower Burdekin Forecast Districts.
Issued at 7:28 pm Saturday, 29 February 2020.
Severe thunderstorms continuing about inland parts of the tropics.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Georgetown, Forsayth, Einasleigh, Lyndhurst Station, Gregory Springs, Chillagoe and Mount Garnet.
Severe thunderstorms are no longer occurring in the Central West district and the warning for this district is CANCELLED.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.