Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Gulf Country, Northern Goldfields and Upper Flinders, North West and Central West Forecast Districts.
Issued at 1:11 am Thursday, 5 March 2020.
Severe thunderstorms capable of producing damaging winds and heavy rainfall are ongoing through North West and Central West districts, and developing over the western Gulf Country.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Longreach, Winton, Cloncurry, Isisford, Richmond and Julia Creek.
Additionally, thunderstorm activity over northern parts of the North West district and the Gulf Country have the potential to produce heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.