Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Central Highlands and Coalfields, Central West, Maranoa and Warrego and Darling Downs and Granite Belt Forecast Districts.
Issued at 5:40 pm Thursday, 5 March 2020.
Severe thunderstorms with damaging winds and heavy rainfall travelling eastwards across the southeastern interior.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Roma, Goondiwindi, St George, Mitchell, Taroom, Rolleston, Springsure, Inglewood, Injune, Carnarvon National Park, Mungindi and Tara.
58mm was recorded in the hour to 5pm at Barngo Crossing (northeast of Charleville).
53mm was recorded in the hour to 4.30pm at Bogarella Crossing (northeast of Charleville).
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.