Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in Central Highlands and Coalfields and parts of Northern Goldfields and Upper Flinders, Herbert and Lower Burdekin, Central West, Maranoa and Warrego and Darling Downs and Granite Belt Forecast Districts.
Issued at 8:11 pm Thursday, 5 March 2020.
Severe thunderstorms with damaging winds and heavy rainfall travelling eastwards across the southeastern interior.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding and damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Emerald, Clermont, Charters Towers, Blackwater, Moranbah, Taroom, Rolleston, Springsure, Pentland, Dysart, Mingela and Carnarvon National Park.
83mm was recorded in the 3 hours to 6pm at Mt Lindsay (southeast of Tambo).
80mm was recorded in the 2 hours to 7.30pm at Doogoolarah (southwest of Rolleston).
58mm was recorded in the hour to 5pm at Barngo Crossing (northeast of Charleville).
53mm was recorded in the hour to 4.30pm at Bogarella Crossing (northeast of Charleville).
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.