Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Central Coast and Whitsundays and Central Highlands and Coalfields Forecast Districts.
Issued at 11:07 pm Thursday, 5 March 2020.
Large, slow moving storms are producing heavy rainfall over the Central Highlands.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Emerald, Clermont, Blackwater, Moranbah, Baralaba and Springsure.
Severe thunderstorms are no longer occurring in the Northern Goldfields and Upper Flinders, Herbert and Lower Burdekin, Central West, Maranoa and Warrego and Darling Downs and Granite Belt districts and the warning for these districts is CANCELLED.
130mm was recorded in the hour to 10.30pm at Avocet (near Fairbairn Dam, south of Emerald).
76mm was recorded in the hour to 10.30pm at Glenora Road (south of Emerald).
86mm was recorded in the hour to 10.30pm at Sandra Downs (southeast of Rolleston).
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.