Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in North Tropical Coast and Tablelands and parts of Peninsula Forecast Districts.
Issued at 2:18 pm Friday, 6 March 2020.
Slow moving thunderstorms drenching the North Tropical Coast and Tablelands
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Cairns, Port Douglas, Mareeba, Hope Vale, Julatten and Redlynch.
55mm was recorded at Bilwon in the 30 minutes to 1:55pm
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.