Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Herbert and Lower Burdekin and Central Coast and Whitsundays Forecast Districts.
Issued at 2:05 pm Saturday, 7 March 2020.
Thunderstorms drenching the Central Coast
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Collinsville and Eungella.
42mm in 30min at Mirani Weir (west of Mackay)
43mm in 30min at Dow's Creek (west of Mackay)
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.