Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Wide Bay and Burnett Forecast District.
Issued at 8:53 pm Saturday, 7 March 2020.
Slow moving showers and thunderstorms producing persistent heavy rainfall
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Rainbow Beach.
99mm in the 2 hours to 08:45pm at Tin Can Bay.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.