Source: Bureau of Meteorology
for DAMAGING WINDS and HEAVY RAINFALL
For people in parts of Maranoa and Warrego Forecast District.
Issued at 7:13 am Monday, 9 March 2020.
Weather Situation: Morning severe thunderstorms for the Maranoa and Warrego district.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Charleville, Bollon and Wyandra.
73mm was recorded in the 2 hours to 7:00am at Adavale (near Charleville)
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.