Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of North Tropical Coast and Tablelands, Northern Goldfields and Upper Flinders and Herbert and Lower Burdekin Forecast Districts.
Issued at 1:40 pm Tuesday, 10 March 2020.
Heavy rain possible with thunderstorm activity about the northeast tropics.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Townsville, Palm Island, Ingham and Mareeba.
Woodlands Alert 60mm in 1 hour
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.