Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Peninsula Forecast District.
Issued at 6:03 pm Wednesday, 11 March 2020.
Persistent heavy rainfall under tropical low drenching the Cape York Peninsula
Weather Situation: A tropical low is slowing moving east over the Cape York Peninsula, bring persistent rainfall.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Coen and Aurukun.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.