Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Central Highlands and Coalfields, Capricornia, Wide Bay and Burnett, Maranoa and Warrego and Darling Downs and Granite Belt Forecast Districts.
Issued at 10:15 pm Thursday, 12 May 2022.
Heavy rainfall occurring with a rain band over the southeast.
Weather Situation: An upper low moving into southeast Queensland is resulting in an extensive cloud band and persistent heavy rainfall.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Taroom, Theodore, Moura, Miles, Surat and Tara.
A separate Severe Weather Warning for the southeast and Flood Warnings and a Flood Watch are current for the area. See http://www.bom.gov.au/qld/warnings for details.
Flinton (southeast of Roma) has recorded 98mm in 3 hours to 10:00pm
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.