Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Peninsula, North Tropical Coast and Tablelands, Northern Goldfields and Upper Flinders and Herbert and Lower Burdekin Forecast Districts.
Issued at 1:37 pm Thursday, 26 December 2019.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds, heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding and large hailstones in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Mareeba, Einasleigh, Atherton, Wujal Wujal, Lyndhurst Station, Daintree Village, Ravenshoe, Gregory Springs and Mount Garnet.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.