Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Darling Downs and Granite Belt Forecast District.
Issued at 11:28 am Monday, 10 February 2020.
Severe thunderstorms developing over the central Darling Downs.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding, large hailstones and damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Warwick, Toowoomba, Stanthorpe, Oakey, Goondiwindi, Inglewood, Clifton, Pittsworth and Mungindi.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.