Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Central Highlands and Coalfields and Capricornia Forecast Districts.
Issued at 9:03 pm Thursday, 27 February 2020.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds, heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding and large hailstones in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Blackwater, Baralaba, Woorabinda and Duaringa.
Severe thunderstorms are no longer occurring in the Wide Bay and Burnett district and the warning for this district is CANCELLED.
107mm has fallen in the hour to 5.45pm at Murray Springs (west of Kirrama)
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.