Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Wide Bay and Burnett Forecast District.
Issued at 5:47 pm Saturday, 18 April 2020.
Damaging winds and hail with thunderstorms around Bundaberg and Maryborough
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce large, possibly giant hailstones and damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Bundaberg, Fraser Island, Hervey Bay waters and Seventeen Seventy.
Severe thunderstorms are no longer occurring in the Herbert and Lower Burdekin district and the warning for this district is CANCELLED.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.