Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in Capricornia and parts of Central Coast and Whitsundays, Central Highlands and Coalfields and Wide Bay and Burnett Forecast Districts.
Issued at 1:03 pm Sunday, 19 April 2020.
A severe thunderstorm is likely to produce damaging, locally destructive winds and large, possibly giant hailstones over the next several hours in southern parts of the Capricornia district. Locations which may be affected include Biloela.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds and large hailstones over the next several hours in the Capricornia and parts of the Central Coast and Whitsundays, Central Highlands and Coalfields and Wide Bay and Burnett districts. Locations which may be affected include Gladstone, Rockhampton, Blackwater, Yeppoon, Calliope and Mount Morgan.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.