Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in Capricornia and parts of Central Coast and Whitsundays and Central Highlands and Coalfields Forecast Districts.
Issued at 3:19 pm Sunday, 19 April 2020.
A severe thunderstorm is likely to produce large, possibly giant hailstones and damaging, locally destructive winds over the next several hours in central parts of the Capricornia district. Locations which may be affected include Yeppoon.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds and large hailstones over the next several hours in the Capricornia and parts of the Central Coast and Whitsundays and Central Highlands and Coalfields districts. Locations which may be affected include Gladstone, Rockhampton, Mount Morgan, Yeppoon, Calliope and St Lawrence.
Tennis ball to baseball sized hail has been reported near Rockhampton.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.