Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Central Coast and Whitsundays and Capricornia Forecast Districts.
Issued at 4:16 pm Sunday, 19 April 2020.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce large, possibly giant hailstones and damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Rockhampton, Mount Morgan, Yeppoon, Marlborough, St Lawrence and Byfield.
Severe thunderstorms are no longer occurring in the Central Highlands and Coalfields district and the warning for this district is CANCELLED.
Tennis ball to baseball sized hail (6 to 8cm diameter) has been reported in Rockhampton at around 2.40pm, and Yeppoon around 3.40pm this afternoon.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.