Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Central Coast and Whitsundays Forecast District.
Issued at 6:20 pm Sunday, 19 April 2020.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds and large hailstones in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Mackay, Proserpine, Hamilton Island and Airlie Beach.
Severe thunderstorms are no longer occurring in the Herbert and Lower Burdekin and Capricornia districts and the warning for these districts is CANCELLED.
Tennis ball to baseball sized hail (6 to 8cm diameter) was reported in Rockhampton at around 2.40pm, and Yeppoon around 3.40pm this afternoon.
Golf ball sized hail (approx 4cm diameter) was reported at Sarina around 5.40pm.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.