Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in Sunshine Coast and parts of Gympie, Somerset, Redland City, Noosa, Brisbane City and Moreton Bay Council Areas.
Issued at 6:43 pm Saturday, 13 January 2018.
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 6:50 pm, severe thunderstorms were detected on the weather radar near Beerburrum, Mount Beerwah, Peachester, Crohamhurst, Conondale, Jimna and northern Moreton Island.
These thunderstorms are moving towards the east to northeast.
They are forecast to affect Caloundra, the area southwest of Caloundra, Montville, Palmwoods, Kenilworth and Borumba Dam by 7:20 pm and Maroochydore, waters off Caloundra, waters off Maroochydore, Nambour, Imbil and the area southwest of Eumundi by 7:50 pm.
Damaging winds and large hailstones are likely.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.