Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in Logan, Redland City, Brisbane City and parts of Ipswich, Scenic Rim, Gold Coast and Moreton Bay Council Areas.
Issued at 7:13 pm Tuesday, 24 December 2019.
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 7:15 pm, severe thunderstorms were detected on the weather radar near Bundamba Lagoon and Canungra. These thunderstorms are moving towards the northeast. They are forecast to affect Beenleigh and Logan City by 7:45 pm and Brisbane CBD and Cleveland by 8:15 pm.
Damaging winds and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding are likely.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.