Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Western Downs, South Burnett and Toowoomba Council Areas.
Issued at 9:39 pm Tuesday, 24 December 2019.
An isolated severe storm has developed east of Dalby.
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 9:30 pm, a severe thunderstorm was detected on the weather radar east of Dalby, moving towards the north-northeast. This storm is forecast to affect Mt Mowbullan and Cooyar by 10:30 pm.
Damaging winds and large hailstones are likely with this storm.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.