Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in Cherbourg and parts of Gympie, Somerset and South Burnett Council Areas.
Issued at 10:42 pm Tuesday, 24 December 2019.
An isolated severe storm south of Kingaroy.
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 10:10 pm, a severe thunderstorm was detected on the weather radar south of Kingaroy, moving towards the north-northeast. This storm is forecast to affect to affect Kingaroy by 11:05 pm and the area northeast of Kingaroy and the area between Nanango and Goomeri by 11:35 pm.
Damaging winds and large hailstones are possible with this storm.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.