Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Somerset and Moreton Bay Council Areas.
Issued at 3:04 pm Tuesday, 21 January 2020.
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 3:00 pm, severe thunderstorms were detected on the weather radar near northern Lake Wivenhoe. These thunderstorms are moving towards the east. They are forecast to affect Kilcoy and the D'Aguilar Ranges by 3:30 pm and Lake Samsonvale and Dayboro by 4:00 pm.
Damaging winds, heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding and large hailstones are likely.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.