Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in Logan, Noosa and parts of Gympie, Scenic Rim, Gold Coast, Redland City, Sunshine Coast and Brisbane City Council Areas.
Issued at 4:50 pm Tuesday, 21 January 2020.
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 4:35 pm, very dangerous thunderstorms were detected on the weather radar near Beaudesert, Montville, Palmwoods, Nambour, Mapleton and Kenilworth. These thunderstorms are moving towards the north. Very dangerous thunderstorms are forecast to affect the area south of Noosa Heads, the area southwest of Noosa Heads, the area west of Noosa Heads, Coolum Beach, Eumundi and Cooroy by 5:05 pm and Beenleigh, Noosa Heads, the area northwest of Noosa Heads, the area north of Noosa Heads, the area southeast of Gympie and Pomona by 5:35 pm.
Destructive winds, heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding and large hailstones are likely.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.