Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Somerset, Toowoomba and Lockyer Valley Council Areas.
Issued at 6:02 am Saturday, 25 January 2020.
Slow moving thunderstorms with heavy rainfall expected.
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 5:55 am, severe thunderstorms were detected on the weather radar near Esk. They are forecast to affect the area west of Esk and the area northwest of Esk by 6:25 am and Crows Nest and Hampton by 6:55 am.
Heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding is likely.
Bundamba recorded 65mm of rain within the hour to 3:30am.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.