Source: Bureau of Meteorology
Severe Thunderstorm Warning - Southeast Queensland for HEAVY RAINFALL and DAMAGING WINDS
For people in Ipswich and parts of Somerset, Scenic Rim, Lockyer Valley, Brisbane City and Moreton Bay Council Areas.
Issued at 3:07 pm Monday, 10 February 2020.
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 3:05 pm, severe thunderstorms were detected on the weather radar near Laidley and Gatton. These thunderstorms are moving towards the east. They are forecast to affect the area south of Esk by 3:35 pm and Ipswich by 4:05 pm.
Heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding and damaging winds are likely.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.