Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Ipswich, Logan, Somerset, Scenic Rim and Toowoomba Council Areas.
Issued at 4:29 pm Monday, 10 February 2020.
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 4:25 pm, severe thunderstorms were detected on the weather radar near Boonah and the area west of Toogoolawah. These thunderstorms are moving towards the east to southeast. They are forecast to affect Peak Crossing by 4:55 pm, and Rathdowney and the area northwest of Esk by 5:25 pm.
Heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding, large hailstones and damaging winds are likely.
85mm was recorded in the hour to 4pm at Greys Plains Road Alert, south of Laidley.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.