Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Toowoomba Council Area.
Issued at 5:09 pm Tuesday, 11 February 2020.
Slow moving thunderstorms causing heavy rainfall and flash flooding.
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 5:00 pm, severe thunderstorms were detected on the weather radar near Cooyar and the area north of Crows Nest. These thunderstorms are moving towards the south. They are forecast to affect Crows Nest and Haden by 6:00 pm.
Heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding is likely.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.