Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Logan, Scenic Rim, Gold Coast, Brisbane City and Moreton Bay Council Areas.
Issued at 6:27 pm Wednesday, 19 February 2020.
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 6:25 pm, severe thunderstorms were detected on the weather radar near Mount Nebo, Highvale and Kooralbyn. These thunderstorms are moving towards the northeast. They are forecast to affect Beaudesert, the area between Boonah and Beaudesert and Lake Samsonvale by 6:55 pm and Strathpine, Redcliffe and Narangba by 7:25 pm.
Damaging winds and large hailstones are likely.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.