Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Logan, Scenic Rim, Gold Coast, Redland City, Sunshine Coast, Brisbane City and Moreton Bay Council Areas.
Issued at 6:54 pm Wednesday, 19 February 2020.
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 6:50 pm, severe thunderstorms were detected on the weather radar near Beaudesert and Strathpine. These thunderstorms are moving towards the northeast. They are forecast to affect Redcliffe, Dayboro and Burpengary by 7:20 pm and Beenleigh, Caboolture and Bribie Island by 7:50 pm.
Damaging winds and large hailstones are likely.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.