Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in Redland City and parts of Logan, Toowoomba, Lockyer Valley and Brisbane City Council Areas.
Issued at 8:20 pm Wednesday, 19 February 2020.
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 8:15 pm, severe thunderstorms were detected on the weather radar near Beenleigh, Logan City and the area southwest of Toowoomba. These thunderstorms are moving towards the east to northeast. They are forecast to affect Toowoomba, Cleveland and the area north of Toowoomba by 8:45 pm and Wynnum, southern waters of Moreton Bay and Hampton by 9:15 pm.
Damaging winds and large hailstones are likely.
An 107km/h gust was recorded at Wellcamp Airport at 8.20pm.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.