Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in Somerset, Moreton Bay and parts of South Burnett, Toowoomba, Sunshine Coast and Brisbane City Council Areas.
Issued at 10:44 pm Wednesday, 19 February 2020.
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 10:40 pm, severe thunderstorms were detected on the weather radar near Toogoolawah, Blackbutt and Albany Creek. These thunderstorms are moving towards the northeast. They are forecast to affect Strathpine, Redcliffe, Caboolture and Kilcoy by 11:10 pm and Jimna, Mount Beerwah and Peachester by 11:40 pm.
Damaging winds are likely and large hailstones are possible.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.