Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in Moreton Bay and parts of Cherbourg, Gympie, Somerset, South Burnett, Sunshine Coast and Brisbane City Council Areas.
Issued at 11:14 pm Wednesday, 19 February 2020.
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 11:10 pm, severe thunderstorms were detected on the weather radar near Strathpine, Kilcoy and the area north of Nanango. These thunderstorms are moving towards the east to northeast. They are forecast to affect Redcliffe, Caboolture and the area northeast of Kingaroy by 11:40 pm and Maleny, Conondale and Elgin Vale by 12:10 am.
Damaging winds are likely and large hailstones are possible.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.