Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Ipswich, Somerset, Southern Downs, Toowoomba and Lockyer Valley Council Areas.
Issued at 4:24 pm Thursday, 27 February 2020.
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 4:20 pm, severe thunderstorms were detected on the weather radar near Laidley and Hatton Vale. They are forecast to affect Warwick, the area northwest of Warwick and Lowood by 4:50 pm and the area south of Esk, Allora and southern Lake Wivenhoe by 5:20 pm.
Damaging winds, heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding and large hailstones are likely.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.