Source: Bureau of Meteorology
For people in parts of Gympie, Somerset, Brisbane City and Moreton Bay Council Areas.
Issued at 4:16 pm Friday, 28 February 2020.
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 4:10 pm, severe thunderstorms were detected on the weather radar near the area south of Gympie and Lowood. These thunderstorms are moving towards the north. They are forecast to affect Gympie and the area south of Esk by 4:40 pm and Esk and Goomboorian by 5:10 pm.
Damaging winds, heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding and large hailstones are likely.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it's flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.